Today, many employees are using their mobile devices for both personal and work or business communications. Even if they are at home or outside, they can easily communicate with their co-employees or superiors whenever they need to send or relay vital information. However, this poses alarming threats to an organization.
Currently, text messages are increasingly becominga vast source of corporate record risk. Sometimes, employees are unaware that they are mixing personal and business messages. Also, there is a tendency that the records will quickly multiply, especially when the text is answered, shared, forwarded, revised, or deleted. This is why communication archiving is vital in every business organization.
Communication archiving is the process of collecting and storing communication data (emails, instant messages, social media, mobile, and voice) from your end-user channels in a central location. It involves record management methods like instant message capture. It is an automated procedure, and the contents of the communication messages must be freely available and searchable by date, contact, or keyword.
Here are the top five reasons why you should implement communication archiving in your organization.
- Business Continuity; Never Lose Important Data. We send more sensitive data and documents via email and instant messaging today more than ever. You may use archiving solutions to keep track of everything you send and receive while ensuring that you always have a copy of your messages and any attachments.
- It Helps Businesses Remain Compliant with Industry-Specific Regulations. Regulatory compliance is a critical driver in many businesses.Most industries have strict data retention compliance standards depending on your industry’s requirements (finance, healthcare, government, or energy). Furthermore, some states, such as Texas, have specific data regulation requirements. One of them is Senate Bill of Texas 944 on text message, which specifies that government officials and employees do not own or have privacy rights over public information created, received, or saved on their personal devices.
- It Protects Your Business from Potential Litigation: If your company is involved in any legal proceedings, email and instant messaging archiving might be used as a fallback for ediscovery. By archiving communication data throughout your business processes, you will have all you need to defend or pursue legal action.
- General Regulations: Additional general restrictions, like the General Directive Protection Regulation, have been introduced in recent years, demanding strict adherence from all entities with the potential to receive, keep, or process personal data. As a result, nearly every company will be required to archive communication data.).
- Disaster Recovery: Communication archiving enables your company to keep essential business data for a long time. When it comes to catastrophe recovery, this equatesto lower costs. Data loss is significantly less of a concern with an archiving solution than it was before.
IF you are looking for a suitable archiving method for you, contact TeleMessage as they can provide you with the best and reliable archiving solutions for your organization.
For more information visit, TeleMessage.