Have you tried ordering in an online shop? In your first purchase, you might be feeling excited and nervous. You will feel excited because it is your first time and you want to see your order in just a few days. But you might also feel nervous because you have doubts if your package will arrive on time or if there are problems with the item you will receive. If you sense these things, it is normal. Even those who have been doing online shopping have hesitations and excitement. And if you are the one who is sending packages, you will also have the same sentiments. With this, choosing the best freight forwarder in Singapore is necessary.
REASONS TO PICK A RELIABLE FREIGHT FORWARDER
Afreight forwarder in Singapore helps big and small businesses send goods to different countries. They offer various transport services that can fit the company. So if you are a business owner, you need to be mindful of what is good and bad for your products. Check the packages you send first, then decide what transport is better. If you do not know what to choose, searching for forwarders is a must because here are the things that they can do for you:
TO KEEP YOUR PACKAGES SAFE AND UNDAMAGED
If you have been in the online selling industry for a while, you know how customers react to damaged items. Some would talk to the seller with sincerity and respect, but some would be livid. Sadly, the latter is what many businesses experience because the client was expecting a better service. They want to ensure that they receive a perfect product after expecting them for days or weeks. Choosing a freight forwarder that focuses on safety and security is a must.
TO ENSURE THAT IT WILL REACH THE DESTINATION
Some shipments do not arrive on time because of problems the forwarder faces along the way. But in some cases, no package arrived at all. The company must report issues so clients can lend a hand and provide a solution. As a business owner, you must ensure that goods reach their destination, and that is your customer.
TO UNDERGO CORRECT AND LEGITIMATE PROCESSING
Sending goods to other countries must undergo legitimate processing because some are strict about what goes in and out. The freight forwarding company must provide files and documents that prove that the goods are safe and checked. Some might ask about opening the packages, and you need to be aware of it. The forwarding company must tell you this before sending the goods through your preferred transport method.
TO AVOID DELAYS IN SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
Delays can create problems between the business and the customer. If you have given your client an estimated arrival date, they might expect too much. If there are delays in the shipment or the delivery date, ensure that you have told them about the issue. They can adjust their expectations on the date. Keeping your customers in the dark can make them tell negative things about you and your service, affecting future transactions with possible clients.
TO GET LEGITIMATE SHIPPING COST
Afreight forwardermust also be truthful about the shipping cost because it is one way their clients will know if they are a trusted company. If they do not provide legitimate shipping costs, it can cause problems between the services. It also affects the way business owners price their products.
Picking a reliable LCL freight forwarder can help you choose one for your business. You are confident that your packages are in good hands and will reach your clients. If not, you will not have problems with the forwarding company to correct the mistakes in the shipping process.
SIGNS THAT YOU CAN TRUST A FREIGHT FORWARDER
Now that you already know why you should pick a reliable freight forwarding company in Singapore, you also need to be aware that they are the ones you can trust. Companies need someone who will take care of their products, money, and time because those are the keys to having a good relationship. So to ensure that you will have the same experience with your shipping processes, learn about the signs that the forwarder you are talking to is legitimate and attends to your needs:
- THEY HAVE ENOUGH CONNECTIONS AND RESOURCES to attend to the needs of their clients. If they encounter a concern with the shipping, they know who to call to look more into the problem and provide a solution. Their explanations are helpful to ensure your customers that you and the forwarding company are doing your best to solve the problem.
- THEY KNOW THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF A COUNTRY because it needs to be followed. Not knowing those rules can cause delays in the shipping and receiving of the packages. This problem might reflect on you and your business, especially if your customers need the goods immediately. Keeping them updated is one way to show that you do not expect the issues.
- THEY FOCUS ON SENDING PACKAGES SAFELY, and they invest in it. They provide enough safety and security for the goods to ensure that nothing will get lost or missing before and during the shipping. You can guarantee your customers that they will receive complete and undamaged goods.
- THEY REQUIRE CLIENTS TO COMPLETE DOCUMENTS because it is what they will use in checking your packages. If there are things that they do not allow, they will tell you about them and see if there are rules that you have failed to follow.
- THEY HAVE STRICT COMPANY PROTOCOLS because it is what makes them reliable. It applies to the higher-ups, their employees, and their clients. If there are problems in their establishment, they know how to solve them.
Checking these signs from freight forwarders can help you see which companies you can trust and who to avoid. You can also guarantee that packages will arrive at your customers in condition. If items need to get handled more carefully, label them as fragile items. For business owners who want to learn more about sea freight in Singapore, visit the website of STAR CONCORD.