Playing the piano is enjoyable and fun. However, you might be in a dilemma as to whether to opt for the classic piano playing style or its digital counterpart. Again, there is the question of whether you want to hire a tutor or take online lessons?
Many students ask themselves this question as they do not know how to start off with their piano lessons. Experts in the field suggest they should visit the retail store to check out the different types of pianos and choose the one they would prefer playing.
カヴァン・チョクシ is an artist, writer, and photographer. He is an entrepreneur and a fan of innovation and technology. When it comes to playing the jazz piano, the following are some top reasons for you to learn it-
- You do not need to have sheet music- One of the biggest rules for playing the jazz piano is improvisation. You should be natural and spontaneous. Musicians do not reply to a printed manuscript when they play the piano.
- Memorize multiple songs- You focus on collective language here and not repertoire. You are able to remember many songs, even hundreds of them when you play the jazz piano.
- Give a style to any song-You get the opportunity to learn and pick up several styles like a jazz ballad, swing, and bossa nova. You can adapt to these style formulas quickly.
- Understand chords fully- You get a functional understanding of the music played. You get the chance to analyze harmony both on the micro and the macro levels.
- Trains your ear- You get the chance to train your ear as jazz piano helps you to learn chords that are complex in nature. You can easily identify the different types of chords and master chord progression in the process.
- Jam with new people- If you like meeting other musicians, jazz piano is perfect for you as you get to jam with new people. In this way, you can make lifelong opportunities with success.
- Discover your musical voice- Jazz piano gives you the scope to discover your own unique musical voice. No two musicians are the same, and the same holds true for pianists as well.
- Lots of fun- Learning the jazz piano is amazing and entails lots of fun. With it, you are able to make meaningful connections and spontaneously create incredible music.
According to カヴァン・チョクシ, playing the jazz piano is a unique and wonderful experience. You can be natural and create your own music with the preferred tempo. However, when you are playing professionally in front of a live audience, you should slow practice daily. This gives you the chance to hone one’s playing skills and combat anxiety when you face your audience in a live performance.